Dragan has virtually opened her file drawers and rounded up every detail to get you off to a good start with the three Rs and more. Even veteran teachers or teachers changing grade levels will find loads of helpful information—forms, checklists, activities, copyright-free poems, and reproducibles—all forming a substantive resource bible to keep handy for reference. Most important, Dragan highlights the best teaching and learning strategies culled from years of teaching and studying with the experts.
Read Dragan and learn how to:
- Bond with your new class and create a happy and cohesive classroom community.
- Help your children develop organizational skills and self control.
- Inveigle, wangle, and keep children's attention to help them learn.
- Teach them to have confidence they can read--on the first day of school.
- Ensure that they learn to read and write well, whatever your reading program.
- Draw on their innate curiosity to develop their math and problem-solving skills.
- Use children's photos and artwork to help them practice reading and writing.
- Integrate children's literature and the arts into all curriculum areas.
- Work with English language learners and children having little help at home.
As Dragan demonstrates, perhaps the most effective strategy for successful teaching is to infuse the school day with joyful learning throughout that magical first year.