How to Become a Better Writing Teacher is a hands-on, practical guide for teachers looking to improve their writing instruction. Carl and Matt offer 50 high-impact actions teachers can take to level up key aspects of their practice, including:
- getting to know your students as people and assessing them as writers
- increasing student engagement in writing
- becoming curriculum decision-makers
- individualizing instruction
- connecting students to mentor authors.
Over 70 videos bring the content to life with Carl and Matt demonstrating key lessons and strategies in diverse classrooms. An extensive set of online resources and downloadable teaching tools give you everything you need to start becoming a better writing teacher tomorrow.