Laurel Schmidt's gone on assignment, interviewing master educators, observing their classrooms, and uncovering the twelve secrets that all stand-out teachers share. The result, Classroom Confidential, is the ultimate paperback mentor for novices and veterans alike, an across-the-curriculum guidebook with the scoop on how best practices can make you a great teacher.
Brimming with practical instructional strategies, tips on classroom management, and hundreds of leads on teaching resources, all in a read-it-today-do-it-tomorrow format, Classroom Confidential dishes the goods on every aspect of successful teaching, including:
Schmidt gives you everything you need to double or triple your instructional capabilities, including a step-by-step plan to improve parent-teacher communication, guidelines for avoiding burnout, and a do-it-yourself kit for creating a culture of success in your classroom.
- using multiple intelligences to master content standards
- authentic reading and writing activities
- inquiry-based instruction
- teaching for social justice
- reaching special-needs students
- community as classroom
- hands-on social studies projects
- integrating the arts into academics.