Features and Benefits
Cary has given you literally everything you need to start successfully integrating comics into your classroom tomorrow, including:
- an FAQ that dispels the myths about comics, tells you why they work, and answers your questions about using them
- field sketches from real classrooms that show you firsthand how to make comics an integral part of your multilingual teaching
- authentic examples of student work from a variety of grade levels and settings that reveal just how much students can do when given the opportunity to both learn from comics and create their own
- dozens of commercial samples to give you a sense of the remarkable breadth and depth of contemporary cartoons, comic strips, comic books, and graphic novels
- copious resource lists, including material reviews, publications, comics in other languages, and categorized websites for locating and reading thousands of comics online.