Dual Language Essentials for Teachers and Administrators has been widely used as a guide for planning and implementing dual language programs. The Second Edition provides the latest theory, research, and best practices by drawing on the experiences of administrators and teachers in successful one-way and two-way bilingual dual language programs.
Readable and practical, this edition features:
- video clips illustrating powerful and effective strategies in dual language classrooms
- an explanation of translanguaging and the changing views of bilinguals and bilingualism
- examples of teachers using translanguaging strategies
- the addition of essentials for secondary dual language programs
- an explanation of long- and short-term curriculum planning and implementation
- a discussion of academic and social equity in dual language programs
- a description of best practices in biliteracy instruction.
Dual Language Essentials for Teachers and Administrators, Second Edition will be your essential guide for planning and implementing a dual language program.