The first few years of school represent a critical time in students’ mathematical understanding. In Kindergarten to Grade 2, students develop fundamental concepts, essential skills, positive attitudes, and a spirit of inquiry that foster ongoing success in learning mathematics.
Numeracy Nets K–2 encourages school and district educators to develop a common understanding of these fundamental concepts or Big Ideas. Each concept, called a Checkpoint, is organized according to curriculum strands and includes the following elements:
- background notes
- common misconceptions
- checkpoint indicators that “unpack” aspects of these core concepts
- simple, easy-to-administer assessment tasks
- line masters (included in the book and on an accompanying CD-ROM)
- references for professional and classroom resources that extend learning about the concepts
- individual and classroom tracking masters
Every student develops at a unique rate, and every class is composed of students with a wide range of mathematical development. Numeracy Nets K–2 helps teachers to quickly and accurately identify each student’s mathematical understanding of these fundamental concepts and provides the direction needed to move all students forward.
Invoice Title: NUM NETS QUICK ASSESSMENT K-2 TEXT NAT