What to Look For Facilitator’s Course for School and District Math Leaders
This course is designed for those math coaches, consultants and administrators who want to dig deeper into the facilitator’s guide and extend their learning. Working on two levels, deepening math knowledge and providing facilitation support, this highly interactive learning session will equip you with the tools you need to lead learning in your school or district and use the facilitator’s guide to its full extent.
- Construct the continuum of mathematical development and use of math strategies for addition and subtraction, K-3.
- Learn about facilitation moves that support deep learning and effective implementation.
- Analyze videos of student thinking to learn to identify strategies and understand key ideas.
- Learn about effective instructional practices (the use of models, word problems, activities, games and number talks) that support the development of student thinking.
- Experience joyful and positive mathematics learning.
- Develop a stronger understanding of how young children learn to add and subtract.
- Experience facilitation moves that support deep educator learning and effective implementation.
- Reflect on learning environments that engage and extend educators’ and students’ mathematical thinking.
Audience: Administrators, school and district math leaders
Delivery Method: On site
Course Fee: $5000, includes copy of What to Look For Facilitator’s Guide and Course Book (max 45 participants).
Net Price: $5000.00