Reach every learner with Points de connexion!
With its focus on differentiation, Points de connexion will help you reach every student in your Grade 9 Academic and Applied classes to improve their communication skills in French.
Language and content are mapped to the CEFR:
- Action-oriented, context embedded tasks
- Spiraling of vocabulary throughout
- Units are function driven
Language is AUTHENTIC:
- Real language used by teens
- Texts used to inspire authentic communication
- A variety of texts to explore
- Texts reflect the digital reality of students
- Topics addressed students' interests
Language is learned through INDUCTIVE and DEDUCTIVE discovery:
- Metacognitive thinking and reflection
- Promotes autonomy
DIFFERENTIATED PATHS are provided throughout the resource:
- With differentiated activities to support students who need support, challenge, and more independence.
- Options for student and teacher choice.
Culture is INTEGRATED into the fabric of all texts.
- Making connections with Francophone teen cultures and our students’.
- Making connections with Francophone communities around the world.
- Connecting language and culture
Students are supported with explicit focus on strategy use
- Students are guided to try a variety of language learning strategies
- Students are given opportunities to be autonomous by offering their own strategies
Sample Video: Une fin de semaine en pleine nature