Optimize and expand your struggling readers' reading power with the LLI Red System Choice Library -150 carefully selected high-quality, trade books (levels K-P) in a range of genres and captivating topics. Many are from series that readers will recognize, or by authors they know well.
Choice is a highly motivating factor in reading comprehension; students are more likely to read purposefully if they can choose texts that reflect their individual interests. After LLI lessons, give your students the opportunity to choose from this collection of engaging, high-interest trade books that will build their reading stamina during independent reading in class or at home. The accompanying Guide to Independent Reading provides a comprehensive list of titles and levels, as well as summaries with prompts for each book in the collection to generate thinking, talking, and writing about the books. Use the levels to guide your students in making good choices for successful reading.
The Fountas & Pinnell LLI RED Choice Library and companion Guide to Independent Readingis for LLI teachers or classroom teachers seeking to support struggling students' independent reading, and to provide daily opportunities for students to read, on their own, books they have selected themselves. The first step in helping students choose books is to have a good collection at an appropriate range of reading levels that includes many books that will appeal to both genders and is so well organized that students can find books quickly. This library is an important investment in the independent reading opportunities for your students.
Through thoughtful choice during Independent Reading, students are enabled to:
- Learn to exercise choice as readers, selecting from a wide variety of texts.
- Develop favorite books, types of books, genres, topics, writing styles, and authors.
- Develop the habit of spending a significant amount of time reading.
- Build a "reading agenda" that includes books, authors, and types of books they want to read in the future.
- Gain "mileage" as readers by processing a large number of texts on a regular basis.
- Engage in fluent reading daily.
- Learn about themselves as readers.
- Become part of a community of readers.
Invoice Title: F&P RED LIBRARY LEVELS K-P
Items marked with † can only be purchased by schools and/or school districts. Please call 1-800-361-6128 for more information or to place an order.