Interactive Action Plan
Turning a vision into action requires a carefully laid out plan. You may be asking yourself, “Where do I start?” With a pen in hand, start here, in this action plan. The 4 steps in this Interactive Action Plan are designed to put you, your students, and your school on the path to literacy success.
Getting Started Videos
- VIEW the getting started videos to become familiar with your FPC resources:
*Please note, you will need to be logged into the Online Resources to launch these videos. See the "Get Connected" Tab for login support.
- Participate in a live webinar hosted by Pearson Canada
- VIEW the FPC Professional Development and Tutorial videos on the Online Resources. These short, focused videos provide an overview of the system, modeled lessons, and practice on interpreting reading records to inform instruction.
Implementation Support Online Course
This implementation support course delivers video and interactive sessions that focus on the seven instructional contexts of the FPC. In this implementation support course, you will be guided in:
- Building familiarity with the professional resources that support the implementation of FPC
- Getting started with each instructional context
- Fitting it all together - connecting contexts across the day, week and year
Register at Heinemann Online PD using code fpcsup19ti
Partner with Fountas & Pinnell Professional Development to transform teaching and learning.
The single most important factor in students' literacy success is skillful, informed teaching. All of Fountas and Pinnell's books, resources, and systems are deeply rooted in teacher professional learning.
Pearson Canada is pleased to offer onsite or virtual professional development sessions led by Fountas & Pinnell trained consultants. We will work with you to develop a professional learning plan that supports implementation and develops a deeper understanding of literacy teaching and learning.
Contact Pearson Professional Services (email@example.com) to discuss your professional development needs and learn about our one, two, or three-day options. Prices for these sessions are $3,800/day for live onsite sessions and $3,300/day for virtual sessions (maximum 40 participants)