Échos 1 Literacy Package
This pack is conveniently packaged in a vinyl carrying case for easy access and transport. Each pack contains:
- 1 copy of all 4 Big Books at Level 1 for use in modelling, shared and guided reading and practice
- 5 copies of all 4 Small Books at Level 1 for paired and independent practice
- A Teacher Guide (with CD-ROM) containing teaching notes with embedded professional learning and modifiable Line Masters
- Audio CD containing recordings of each text and aural activity
- eBook CD-ROM containing electronic versions of all texts with built-in audio recordings (narrative texts have 2 versions - one with written text, and one without) - to provide an interactive learning tool to engage students, assess for learning, and differentiate instruction
All priced so it's like getting the eBook and carrying case FREE!
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 LITERACY PACKAGE
Pauvre Michel! (Big Book)
This book recounts a series of unfortunate events in the day of a 10-year-old boy.
- Type/Theme: Fictional humourous narrative
- Level: Beginning
- Comprehension Strategy: Je pose des questions. (Ask questions.)
- Response activity: Students re-enact the story using readers theatre.
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 BIG BOOK 1A PAUVRE MICHEL
Pauvre Michel! (Small Book 5-pack)
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 SMALL BOOK 1A(5PK) PAUVRE MICHEL
Voici mon école (Big Book)
This book features a student who does an Internet survey with other students from around the world to find out what they like about their school.
- Type/Theme: Informational text in the first person
- Level: Mid
- Comprehension Strategy: Je fais des prédictions. (Make predictions.)
- Response activity: Students survey fellow classmates about their school preferences.
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 BIG BOOK 1B VOICI MON ECOLE
Voici mon école (Small Book 5-pack)
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 SM BOOK 1B(5PK) VOICI MON ECOLE
Les superbibittes (Big Book)
This book features three friends who love extraordinary bugs. Each member of the trio describes a favourite bug.
- Type/Theme: Informational narrative interspersed with direct speech
- Level: Late
- Comprehension Strategy: Je vois une image dans ma tête. (Visualize.)
- Response activity: Students create and describe a bug mascot for the class.
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 BIG BOOK 1C LES SUPERBIBITTES
Les superbibittes (Small Book 5-pack)
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 SM BOOK 1C(5PK)LES SUPERBIBITTES
Échos mag 1 (Big Book)
This book features a variety of text types (viewing, listening, reading) that are thematically linked to the three other books.
- Type/Theme: Expressive, informative, procedural and persuasive texts
- Level: all
- Comprehension strategy: various
- Response activties include suggestions for student responses in a variety of learning styles.
Invoice Title: ECHOS MAG 1 BIG BOOK 1D
Échos mag 1 (Small Book 5-pack)
Invoice Title: ECHOS MAG 1 SMALL BOOK 1D (5PK)
Échos 1 Audio CD
Audio recordings of written texts, aural texts and aural activities to
- Develop oral communication skills and enhances comprehension.
- Provide a model of fluency, expression, pronunciation and intonation.
- Use for modelling and shared, guided and independent practice.
- Allows students to re-read the text with support independently, at a listening centre or at home
- Download onto MP3 players* to support audio-assisted learning
* within purchasing school
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 AUDIO CD
Échos 1 Teacher's Guide (with CD-ROM)†
- Embeds teacher professional learning
- Provides lesson plans for 3 narrative books and 6 Échos mag texts
- CD-ROM includes line masters in PDF format and modifiable Word format (including Fiches d’activité, Fiches d’évaluation, Tableaux de références) and an Image Bank of 3 Visual Dictionaries
Invoice Title: ECHOS 1 TEACHERS GUIDE & CD-ROM
Items marked with † can only be purchased by schools and/or school districts. Please call 1-800-361-6128 for more information or to place an order.