“Dual-language instruction offers students immeasurable benefits above and beyond fluency in a second language. Students in high-quality dual-language programs learn to communicate and interact with people from different cultures, solve problems, think creatively, and prepare to live and work in an increasingly interdependent global world.”
—Fred Genesee, McGill University
In this comprehensive guide to developing, implementing, and improving dual-language programs, internationally recognized experts Else Hamayan, Fred Genesee and Nancy Cloud address every aspect of a successful dual-language program, including:
- specific strategies for building community support for the program
- guidance for choosing a program model and planning curriculum across grade levels
- best-practice teaching strategies that promote content learning and language development
- guidelines for assessment and linking assessment to standards
- commentary from teachers, administrators, and instructional supervisors currently working within vibrant and successful dual-language programs
- helpful discussions of current research in the realm of dual-language instruction.
Whether you are with a school or district considering or putting together a dual-language program or you are looking to improve an existing program, let Dual Language Instruction from A to Z be your roadmap to excellence.