In Teaching Reading in Small Groups, Jennifer Serravallo extends the powerful teaching that made Conferring with Readers a hit and helps you meet instructional challenges effectively and efficiently.
Jen shows how small groups help you uncover hidden time in your teaching for meeting individual students’ needs. You’ll work more closely with more children each day with her how-tos on:
- using formative assessment to create groups of readers with common needs
- differentiating for individuals, even when they’re in a group
- enhancing your Tier 1 and Tier 2 instruction.
You’ll see how Jen captures the strength of individual conference while working with multiple students—even if they aren’t reading the same book. For comprehension, fluency, engagement, print work strategies, and comprehension, she shares ideas for assessment and flexible grouping structures as well as her own teaching language. You’ll help readers:
- get into texts and get more out of them
- learn vital strategies that help them read more challenging texts
- talk about books with rigor and vigor.
Visit Jennifer Serravallo's Main Page