A refreshing alternative to voluminous literature anthologies, this compact, inexpensive, and diverse collection of fiction, poetry, and drama provides a concise yet complete introduction.
- This pocket-sized anthology focuses on selections; streamlined apparatus is limited to the essentials.
- This text is priced well below traditional literature anthologies.
- Organized chronologically within each genre, the wide range of selections features both classic and contemporary authors, presenting a diversity of forms and voices.
- Individual Fiction, Poetry, and Drama introductions provide an overview for reading and analyzing each genre, defining key terms in context.
- “Appendix: Writing About Literature” offers a brief overview of organizational strategies, research methods, and MLA style citation.
- A Thematic Table of Contents allows instructors to teach with a thematic rather than a genre approach.
- An"Index of Critical Terms"provides a cross-referenced list of terms covered in the text.