Engages students and gets them to do statistics and think statistically from the start. With the authors' signature Think, Show, Tell problem solving method, students learn what they can find in data, why it is interesting, and how to report it to others. Additional examples with updated data make this new edition even easier to read and use.
Features and Benefits
- The most cited text in The College Board's AP* statistics sample syllabi.
- Award-winning author team.
- Applauded for its readability—your students will read this book!
- Leads with practical data analysis and graphics, encouraging students to "do statistics" and "think statistically" from the start.
- New TI-Nspire™ content integrated throughout the text, including margin pointers describing the new calculator activities.
- Updated data used in examples and excerises.
- Hundreds of new exercises, including more single-concept exercises, prepare students for the more comprehensive exercises.
- Video Lectures for each chapter of the text show the authors delivering a 7-10 minute review of the important points of the chapter. Instructors then show students how to solve statistics problems by carefully working through an example from the text using the authors' hallmark Think/Show/Tell problem-solving method.
- Instructor Resource CD-ROM and ActivStats CD-ROM packaged with every new copy of the Teacher's Edition.
- Fully updated AP teacher and student supplements—including AP* Statistics Test Prep workbook, Teacher's Edition, Teacher' Solutions Manual, Test Bank and Teacher Resource Manual, TestGen, and Graphing Calculator Manual.