These twenty-three classroom-tested games can be played successfully by learners on their own or during math workshop. You’ll find all-time favorites like Connect Four and Compare. You’ll also discover games that you’ve likely not encountered before—as well as twists on some of your personal favorites!
The step-by-step lessons in Math Games for Geometry and Measurement offer a wealth of teacher support, including:
- strategies for differentiating instruction;
- key questions and learning targets to promote student thinking;
- tips for using interactive whiteboards; and
- reproducibles—from game boards and directions, to recording sheets and assessments.
Two Ways to Access the Games
To help you find the game you want as quickly as possible, this resource features three content lists:
- Alphabetical list: Games ordered alphabetically by title with grade-level indications
- Materials list: List of games by materials used (dice, hundreds charts, playing cards, and so forth)