Pave the way from success with fractions
Beyond Invert & Multiply is a powerhouse resource for focusing on fraction computation. It builds on foundational understandings of fractions and applies them to a variety of relevant problem solving situations.
This book also builds on the foundational understandings that are described in Beyond Pizzas & Pies: 10 Essential Strategies for Supporting Fraction Sense and applies them to situations involving fraction computation.
- Classroom Scenarios that address common challenges students (and teachers!) encounter as they learn to operate with fractions
- What’s the Math? sections intended to clarify the mathematics
- What’s the Research? insights that show why “that’s the way we’ve always done things” might not be the most successful approach
- Classroom Activities with friendly, step-by-step instructions and video clips demonstrating how to teach the concepts
- Reproducibles that are available in a downloadable format
- Study Questions at the end of each chapter that encourage readers to set concrete goals for implementing what they’ve read