For graphing-intensive courses
Nationally recognized author team with years of experience and expertise in the teaching of both precalculus and calculus.
Designed for the way you teach:
- Additional coverage of topics that students are likely to struggle with.
- Shorter sections to accommodate the class period length.
- Extensive resources for new and experienced instructors.
Written for the needs of today’s students:
- Perfect balance of graphical and algebraic representation.
- Applications integrated throughout the text.
- Examples and exercises for all levels of students.
The Twelve Basic Functions are emphasized throughout the book as a major theme and focus.
Ideal predecessor to Calculus: Graphical, Numerical, Algebraic, 4th Edition.
Expanded sections now include Closeness and Betweenness in a Complex World and Random Variables and Expected Value
Updated data sets and applications