- A five- to fifteen-minute classroom conversation around purposefully crafted problems that are solved mentally.
- The best part of a teacher’s day.
Number Talks: Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages is a dynamic multimedia resource created in response to the requests of teachers—those who want to implement number talks but are unsure of how to begin and those with experience who want more guidance in crafting purposeful problems.
It supports teachers in understanding:
- what a classroom number talk is
- how to follow students’ thinking and pose the right questions to build understanding
- how to prepare for and design purposeful number talks
- how to develop fractional reasoning and strategies for working with fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Streaming Video and Reproducibles Included
Number Talks: Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages also includes streaming video clips that provide a visual platform for teachers to reflect on their current practices and target essential understandings from their readings. The video clips feature number talks filmed in actual middle grades classrooms and range from five to ten minutes in length with a total viewing time of approximately two hours. The resource includes reference tables to help you quickly and easily locate the video clips by chapter and grade level.
More than 150 pages of user-friendly reproducible area, set, and linear models (from Chapters 4, 6, 7, and 8) are also included for free with this resource.