Grade 8 (7th Century to 1750)
These 3 modules meet the current BC Grade 8 Social Studies curriculum:
- Pathways Module: The Medival World (available in print & digital pack)
- Pathways Module: Civilizations, Contact, and Change (available in print & digital pack)
- Crossroads Module: Colonialism & Conflict (this content was formerly grade 9 and has been moved to grade 8 in the current curriculum; and available in digital pack only)
What is new to the second edition?
- Chapters have been reorganized to focus on big ideas.
- Historical thinking concepts are introduced in the chapter openers and are revisited throughout the chapters.
- Reading Anchor Literacy Tips promote the application of comprehension strategies.
- More accessible content, single-column layout, and a more visual design support reading success and student engagement.
- New features focusing on civilization and religion helps students understand the overarching course concept.
- End of section questions focus on critical thinking.
- Embedded QR codes allow students to easily connect to online content through their mobile device.