Time-Tested Strategies for Teaching Reading Comprehension
For ten years and in hundreds of thousands of classrooms, Revisit, Reflect, Retell has been a teacher’s most reliableresourcefor helping students experience deeper levels of understanding. Now, Linda Hoyt returns with an updated edition of Revisit, Reflect, Retell that’s loaded with new, teacher-friendly features and several new strategies, making it more useful than ever
- A new first chapter shows how to scaffold instruction for deep engagement and provides a thorough grounding in the research.
- Important new correlation tables directly link Linda’s strategies to the seven comprehension strands as well as to Robert Marzano’s Classifications of Thinking—you’ll quickly match the right strategies to your objectives.
- A DVD shares footage of Linda working with students, demonstrating key teaching moves and modeling effective classroom language as she implements two new strategies.
- A CD of full-color learning tools from the text makes it easy to customize and print handouts that correspond with the strategies.
- Dozens of new photos show you exactly what Linda’s strategies look like in action and across the grades.
Revisit, Reflect, Retell, Updated Edition, is a full year of top-notch comprehension instruction in one amazingly teacher-friendly package. Whether you’re a new teacher or one of Linda’s legions of loyal readers, you’ll find this updated edition so indispensable it may never leave your desk.