- Copyright: 2007
- Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Grade: AP
- Author: Varberg, Purcell, Rigdon
This popular calculus text remains the shortest mainstream calculus book available – yet covers all the material needed by, and at an appropriate level for, students in engineering, science, and mathematics. It's conciseness and clarity helps students focus on, and understand, critical concepts in calculus without them getting bogged down and lost in excessive and unnecessary detail. It is accurate, without being excessively rigorous, up-to-date without being faddish. The authors make effective use of computing technology, graphics, and applications. Ideal for instructors who want a no-nonsense, concisely written treatment.
Features and Benefits
- Clear and concise.
- Helps students focus on, and understand, critical concepts in calculus without getting bogged down in excessive detail.
- Emphasizes estimation as a technique to learn number sense, which helps students catch their numerical mistakes by recognizing answers that don't make sense.
- Single chapter coverage of two- and three- dimensional vectors.
- Streamlined material on conic sections.